Monday, September 27, 2010

September 27, 2010

My calabash brother Matt came by to start his fitness journey. Started him slow with just form work and a few exercises to get him started. We then worked a little boxing and self defense. He had a little surf shorts blow out during our grappling so he asked if I could tell him where he could get some shorts like mine. Told him that I had a few errands to run then he could meet me at Lululemon!!!


After Matt's session we headed to Waimanalo Feed Supply to pick up some horse stall mats for our gym. They are the same mats that are sold for gym floor use except that they are between $50-$100 cheaper. Picked up four 4x6 foot sheets. They are awesome and a great deal!!!



With the mat's safely in their new home it was off to meet a different kind of Matt. Off to Lululemon to get Matt some awesome workout clothes and visit our beautiful friends at Lulu. As usual we were greeted warmly with hugs and kisses there and Matt got the best help possible. He ended up leaving with three new shorts and a shirt. Another believer made!!!

With Matt all geared up we sent him on his way then we headed to Awakuni Family Chiropractic http://www.ilovechiropractor.com/Chiropractor/Steve-Awakuni-Awakuni-Family-Chiropractic-Honolulu-HI-25901.htm.  I cannot say enough about Steve Awakuni his family, and his staff. They go above and beyond the call to help you out. Lisa always works around my erratic schedule finding a way to get me in, and fixed up. Steve has improved my way of life with the work that he has done on me. I have never been more pain free and healthy as I have working with him. He is truly a miracle man!!! The knowledge, care, and warmth in his office is unmatched. If you have aches and pains I highly suggest you pay them a visit. Tell them Jack Cambra sent you!!!
Steve getting in his daily arm bar, LOL!!!
Our girl Lisa, thank you for putting up with my last minute calls!!!
Beautiful office, beautiful view!!!

Back at the house the crew started to trickle into the gym for their workouts. First up was Nadyne and Terry. Here is todays WOD:

-20 Kettlebell Swings
-20 Ab Mat Situps
-20 Laying Ring pulls
4 rounds for time

Next up was Flo Jo.

And last up for this WOD was Jamie who did her first full workout as prescribed and with a smoking time to boot!!! Awesome job Jamie!!!!


I'm still not feeling the greatest but still wanted to get some work in. Danyelle decided to keep me company during my WOD even though it was her day off, thanks hun!!! Here it is:

WOD:
-15 deadlifts (135lbs for me/53lbs for Danyelle)
-15 pushups
10 rounds for time

Another tough workout, but it was good to get the blood flowing again. Here is a sample of the workout:





Todays board

My girls getting their burpees in!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment