Tuesday, September 21, 2010

I should have remembered the stones!!! Sept. 21, 2010

This is my Atlas stone. I made it from a mold I bought from Slaters Hardware http://www.slatershardware.com/ . The molds are easy to use and way cheaper than trying to buy a pre-made stone and they are straight forward and easy to make. My stone weighs 240lbs. I decided to try and lift it tonight without the use of "tacky". Tacky is a very sticky substance applied to the hands, arms, and body to aid with the lifting of an  Atlas stone. It is much more difficult to lift these "raw". Here is the video:



Except for the burns on my forearm I am very happy with that lift. Its not pretty but it got the job done. When the object is odd like that 240lbs feels a lot heavier than when it is sitting on a bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment