Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Self Motivating -October 5, 2010

I'm usually very good at self motivating, but today I had a very hard time. I'm not sure if it's just because it is the day before work and my mind starts thinking about what needs to get done there. Finally, after a bit of running around (stopped at Lululemon to give Lauren her birthday gift,  p.s. Lauren your b-day WOD is ready!!!) I worked myself up enough to get outside. I felt the need to do something that I really wanted to do. For me, at this time, it is muscle ups. As you know I just started to get the hang of them and even though I just did some yesterday, its lure is what it took to get me out of the house. Here's how it went:

    Warm up:
-10 back extensions
-5 pullups
-2 minutes airdyne
-10 back extension
-20 squat snatches (53lbs)
        then...
    WOD:
AMRAP (as many reps as possible) in 10 minutes
-Muscle ups





Playing around with one arm snatches


False grip and lots of chalk are key for me





I got 8 muscle ups in 10 minutes, I was hoping for 10 in 10 but I fell short. I just need to build stamina in this movement. I got 3 in the first minute but fell off as the fatigue set in. To be honest I am just happy I got out and got a workout in. Tomorrow it's off to work so hopefully  Danyelle is not too busy with school and she can get a few blogs in!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment