Tuesday, March 8, 2011

March 7, 2011

155 lbs on the bar & 10 rounds completed!!!!

Today was a rest day for the everyday crew, but we still had Michele and Doug come by so they did...

WOD:
450m Run
250m Row
5 Wall Balls
   3 rounds for time

Michele- 12:36 (2rds, 8lbs)
Doug- 16:45 (12lbs)








Since Jack works thursday and friday, he doesn't get to stay on the same schedule as the rest of the crew so he did a WOD today.  Since he has started crossfit, this is the only WOD that he hasn't finished.  We've featured this WOD in video before.  It was the Spealler vs. Khalipa video.  If you don't know what we're talking about...go back through the blog to find that video.  It's amazing!  Btw, Spealler just did that WOD again and beat his old time by a few seconds.  He did it in 12:01 this time.  So the WOD was...

WOD:
"Speal vs Khalipa"
1 clean & jerk (155lbs)
1 round of "Cindy" (Cindy is 5 pull ups, 10 push ups, 15 squats)
2 clean & jerks
1 round of "Cindy"
 3 clean & jerks
1 round of "Cindy"
continue until you reach 10 clean & jerks

Jack- 33:09 Rx'd

While looking online at all the affiliate blogs the other night I seen that Chris Spealler had programmed this WOD a few days ago.  The first time I tried this WOD I could only complete 8 rounds, that left the two worst rounds undone. I felt I was ready and that it was time to try again! I wrote Chris and got some extra motivation when he told me he bested his 12:04 with a 12:01. Three seconds does not seem like much but that is incredible at his level! I am very happy with my workout tonight. This WOD is heavy and very hard!  It comes out to 55 clean and jerks, 50 pull ups, 100 push ups, and 150 squats!!! OUCH!!!! Since I started doing Crossfit it was the only WOD I could not complete. Although my time is very slow I am proud that I have defeated a WOD that once defeated me. I am also happy with my programming as the weight did not have the same crushing effect on me as last time. I have much to learn with my cleans but I will chock this one up as a victory this time.
                                                                                                           -Jack





-Danyelle

No comments:

Post a Comment