Friday, July 6, 2012

FGB Northwest

Well it has been awhile, sorry for my absence.  Hope everyone is doing well.  Congratulations on 'Chalk City', a masterpiece.  Looking forward to the REMIX. 

Seattle is a great city filled with lots of food and amazing beer and it is finally sunny.  However, my quest for fitness has fallen off with my celebration of America's Birthday.  Beer+visitors+restaurants+lack of training = + 8 pounds.  It adds up quick and I can assure you that it was not fun having that extra weight hanging on for my first w/o back:

100 dumbbell deadlift burpees for time, 50 lbs per dumbbell.

14:33, included in that time was added rest allowing me time to sweat out a gallon of beer and maybe a few slices of bacon.  

Another work out I would like share with you guys that I did just before my hiatus, because this has been my most painful workout as of late ie. sore ass and legs.

Death By Squats with the addition of a 20 lbs vest.
I added 1 squat every minute on the minute.  Made it 27 rounds +25 on my failed set.

I also have been trying to keep up with some extra credit work, and with my current limited resources I have had to be creative. Any other suggestions?

Be good FGB, and keep moving.

Torch (Sean)

3 comments:

  1. Go Torch go!! Extra credit gold headed your way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Torch!!!! Good to hear from you again, we wish you were here to join us in Chalk City, but we're glad you're doing well and glad you got to see the video! Keep up the creativity...there are a lot of really good blogs with good ideas for WODs too...just have to search online!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Torch! Nice to hear from you! It's been windy here but still great working outdoors! With all the good places to eat there in Seattle, I can surely understand how tempting that is, but you'll get right back at it! Take care!

    ReplyDelete